Tuesday 28 October 2014

The Smallest of fear is Sin!

Many types of fear but whatever the form, it is sin. Fear does not come from the Lord but from the devil. Fear will cause you to do things that you are an abomination to God. There are a number of examples in the Bible where people of God found themselves committing sin because of fear.

I will take the case of Abram when he gave up his wife to Pharaoh because he feared for his life (Genesis 12: 12 to 13). He didn’t know what would happen to him if he was found to have a beautiful life like Sarai, but he feared death. Instead of telling the truth, he told a lie. An obvious sin got him ‘telling a lie’.

I remember myself bribing a traffic police in South Africa because I feared the legal charge would be even higher than the R 200.00 note I offered. Immediately I saw the road block ahead of me, fear abounded. Fear made me fail to think right and think about my righteousness position.

Fear is also an indication of little faith. When Jesus was got into the boat with His disciples and a great tempest arose in the sea, His disciples feared for their lives. They woke Him up in fear and He said, ‘why are you fearful, Oh you of little faith’ (Matthew 8:26).
God has the power to help us overcome fear of any kind. It is my prayer that I overcome fear at all time to avoid getting into sin because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment